Life brings us moments of real struggle. The Rock & Roll and Good News program is designed to provide hope to those who are hurting…and if we are honest with ourselves, we are all hurting in some area of our lives, all the time.
Whether at home, at work or in our community, when we commit ourselves to be our best for those we care about most, we will face times of incredible joy and times of incredible sorrow in our journey to make a positive impact.
The intent of the program is to let the Rock & Roll music of our youth bring back some joyful memories to open and soften our hearts in a way that music can uniquely do and then speak the truth about the Good News that can comfort us in our present struggles.
Rock & Roll music and the Good News can comfort us in our sorrows and is available to all of us regardless of what we have done, where we are right now or how we are living our lives. It is wide open for everyone.
We can all feel redeemed by the message of Rock & Roll and the message of the Good News. Through the process of redemption, we can all feel we matter, we belong, and we have been chosen. Those are the 3 most beautiful feelings in the world.
The Rock & Roll music for the program is found on the internet and the message of the Good News will be brought to us from the scriptures that guide the Jewish and Christian faiths of today.
You may be asking yourself, “Why combine the two?” as they seem so different. Well, here are a few reasons:
- Rock & Roll and the Good News are both accurate reflections of our world:
- When we look at the life of Rock & Roll stars. They have reached such incredible heights yet they struggle through such incredible low points. Despite all they have accomplished, many get overwhelmed by some struggles and not all of them survive those moments of absolute despair.
- Likewise, the traditional scriptures of the Jewish and Christian faiths tell similar stories of people achieving such great heights and yet also struggle with some low points of absolute despair.
- And if we are honest with ourselves, we see ourselves in those realities as well. We have often journeyed through some great moments while we also walked through some moments of absolute despair with close relationships in our home, with struggles in our workplace and pressing events in our community.
- Rock & Roll and the Good News are for everyone.
- Rock & Roll and the Good News have always been open to and accepting of everyone no matter what we look like, no matter what we have done in our past, no matter what others may think of us. Rock & Roll has embraced generations of what traditionalists would say were misfits and outcasts just as the Good News was embracing to the misfits and outcasts of times past.
- We can all feel redeemed by the message of Rock & Roll and the message of the Good News. Through the process of redemption, we can all feel we matter, we belong, and we have been chosen. Those are the 3 most beautiful feelings in the world.
- Despite our apparent differences, the reality we all commonly share is that many times in the journey of our lives we can feel we don’t matter, we don’t belong, and we have not been chosen. During those dark and painful times, Rock & Roll and the Good News can help to comfort us in moments of despair and give us hope for a better tomorrow.
As you face your own struggles today, please know I am on the same journey to find redemption from some mistakes and to find some peace through the ups and down of life so I can carry on to be my best for those I care about most.
I hope these messages nourish you in the most meaningful way to comfort you in your sorrows and strengthen you to keep climbing into the ring to face your battles.